Have you ever said or written something to a family member or friend only to have them take you to task for it because they were hurt or angered by your words? To make matters worse they share your words with someone else. When you approach them and ask why they are hurt and/or angered the response will be "because you said .....................................". This gets even worse because when you tell them that you never said that they come at you with this - "well that is what you meant." This is where my frustration begins because I have always made a point to say and write EXACTLY what I mean BECAUSE I do not want anyone to have to dissect what I say to find the true meaning of what I said or wrote. I despise it when people look for hidden meanings, etc. - leave that for literature discussion, do not bring it into your personal everyday life. Try as I might to speak plainly and simply there are those who will still get upset with me because they choose to look for a meaning eons beyond what I said.
I'm not sure why this came into my wee brain today but it prompted me to add it to this blog of mine.
2 comments:
Your wee brain is not a wee brain... and your heart is one of the largest and most genuine I know.
You are always direct and honest; You also are cautious as to phrase things carefully and still be aware of the feelings of others.
I love the birthday pictures!
L
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a great sister you are, thank you - you are a keeper. I loved the latest slide show of Lauren - what a sweetie she is.
Hugs
Jan
Post a Comment