Friday, December 4, 2009

MAKING UP FOR LOST TIME

Today is the first time that I visited my blog since the beginning of the year.........I am ashamed of myself for staying away this entire year - I should not be surprised as I am the Queen of Procrastination, not a title of which to be proud.

This has been a very good year yet at the same time a sad year, a year in which I was repeatedly reminded of my mortality.

I have lost count of the funerals/memorial services that we attended this year......former AF comrades of my husbands, extended family members, a parent of our pastor,and a church friend and one so very, very close to my heart - my great-grandson, Will Michael Zerbe, who was still born in November 2008. Those dear souls who I knew personally loved God and served Him daily in how they lived their lives. I know that they are now with Our Heavenly Father who they love so very much.

Then their is the sadness and loss I feel over Bella, Peyton and Brennen's move to Kansas. I miss them. The greatest loss in my life that has seen no end for the last 13 years - one of my sons who is near and yet so far away from me. My prayers never cease for this distance between us to come to an end before I am called home.

The good parts of 2009: the addition of a beautiful great-granddaughter, Logynn Taylor Holmes and the joy of watching my grandson Jacob and his dear wife Cristy in the role of parents; the annual holiday party in January that Willy and Carin host; New Years Eve with daughter Linda, her husband Rich and our sweet granddaughter Brenna, Brenna's softball games and band concert and her weekend visit; going to Las Vegas for a F-100 Reunion, visiting with Mike and Rashell, proudly watching Mike as drummer for Air Supply and with The Frankie Moreno Band during our visits to Las Vegas; Hugh and Nathan visiting us for a week; the pre-school graduation of great-granddaughter Emersynn(so cute); the days that Grandchildren Bella, Peyton and Brennen spent with us; the 2 days that great-grandchidlren Aiden, Kellan and Emersynn spent with us( times that are too rare as children grow up so quickly); attending spring training baseball games; a fun and interesting trip with Scott and Rachel - wine tasting our way through Sonoita, AZ, then spending a day and night in Bisbee, AZ - stayed at the historic Copper Queen Hotel; spending our 20th wedding anniversary at The Red Setter Inn in beautiful Greer, AZ (an ultimate location of beauty and serenity); three days in San Diego, CA a 20th wedding anniversary gift from Scott and Rachel and being able to visit nephew Grant, his beautiful wife Theresa and their ever so cute daughter Isabella; all the times spent with the New Discovery Cluster and The Amazing Grays Cluster both groups of our church; the days I spend with the residents at the Inn at The Amethyst especially dear, dear Stella who had her 99th birthday last month; seeing the joy, the peace in the eyes of the memory care residents as I read the Bible to them; the times we take care of our great-granddog, Maggie when her family goes out of town; the gratitude I feel for my family and friends; a wonderful Thanksgiving Day Dinner hosted by Gail and Kyle; the celebration of birthdays; every day with my wonderful husband;last but not least, each and every day with which God has blessed me. I probably left out some things but those are not any less important to me than those I listed.

So as 2009 is winding down I reflect on those lives well-lived, the little, sweet life that was called home to be at God's side, the joys with which I have been blessed and the immense gratitude that I feel for this life that has been given me by our Lord and Savior via my dear, departed parents.

2 comments:

Laurie Justus Pace said...

Beautifully said!!! I love you and miss your daily guidance in my life.

Grammie Jan said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ....since your daily feeds me I will try to do a better job of posting on my blog. Love you much - God Bless you.